Inhalation Sedation Service (Nitrous Oxide Gas)
We provide the full range of dental services at our clinic and also the inhalation sedation with Nitrous Oxide gas.
The inhalation sedation is a safe and effective technique which is utilized by our well-trained dentists as a solution for the patients who wish to undergo the dental treatment but feel uncomfortable, nervous or even for those who have dental phobias. The gas sedation procedure is administered with a comfortable mask placed over the nose, and the patient is instructed to breathe in and out through the mouth. This method will enable the patients to feel more calm and relaxed and experience dental treatments without fear or anxiety.
Moreover, the inhalation sedation also provides you the following advantages.
- Safe and easy to use
- Effective very rapidly by making you pleasant in only 3-5 minutes
- Giving the exact time span as you require
- Dental treatment completed in a shorter period of time so it can help to reduce the number of visits.
- Eliminated from the body within 3-5 minutes after the gas supply is switched off so you will not be in need of an escort after the treatment
- Well-controlled pain from needles. Even though the injections may require in combination for some treatments but it will be performed after you are already sedated.
However, the inhalation sedation still has some limitations and its side effects involved during and after the sedation that you should be aware of. As a precaution, we do not recommend this technique to patients who are claustrophobic, unable to breathe through the nose or scared of being in a tiny space since the inconvenience may occur when the nose passages are blocked.
Plus, Patients should not eat anything for about two hours prior to use of the gas and should make sure that you have no medical conditions.
- In rare instances, lack of oxygen during the procedures occurs when the patients breathe shallowly or stop breathing.
- Nausea, dizziness or hallucination effected from oversedation.
Please contact us for further information at: https://www.bangkoksmiledental.com/contact.html